Joes & Pros 2020 Registration
2020 Registration Coming Soon.
6th Anniversary Joes & Pros Trout Championship, May 9, 2020 at The Blind Tiger Biloxi Beach.
If you would like to download the registration form instead of paying online, please click here.
$100 (plus processing fees) per angler. Each registration includes:
- Dinner at Captain’s Meeting and Weigh-in Party
- All anglers are entered into the Trout and Redfish Championship categories. You must select an additional category below to also be entered in the Kayak or Women’s category but there is no additional cost for these other two categories.
- Kids are entered FREE of charge in the Kidz Division and will register at The Blind Tiger Biloxi on May 18th starting at 12:30
* By completing registration, you agree to all Official Rules and Liability Release.
Out of stock
Updated: May 2, 2019
[Preliminary Rules – Check Final Version Prior To The Event]
- ENTRY FEE – $100 plus processing fees / angler
- TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE:
- CAPTAINS MEETING – THURSDAY MAY 16th, 2019 from 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- All anglers must be registered by 8:00pm Thursday May 16th, 2019 and sign off on acknowledgement of official rules.
- Fishing is scheduled for Saturday May 18th, 2019.
- Fishing cannot begin before 12:01AM – (lines in) Saturday May 18th, 2019.
- WEIGH IN is from 3pm-6pm with results and presentation of awards starting approximately 7:00pm Saturday May 18th, 2019.
- A “registered” or “participating” angler means any person who has paid the $100.00 (plus processing fees) entry fee and completed the necessary registration forms. Women entering the tournament are entered in both the general tournament as well as the Women’s category. The same goes for the kayak division, etc. The $100 fee is per angler NOT per category – it is NOT $100 per category to enter
- All occupants of any vessel actively engaged in fishing in the Joes & Pros Trout Championship Tournament must be registered in the tournament – regardless of age or capacity on the vessel (including captain and crew). If anyone on the vessel is not registered, all persons on that vessel are disqualified. Any fish caught from a boat and submitted at weigh-in must have been caught from a boat in which all occupants are registered in the tournament. (See Kayak rules governing that category.)
- By paying the entrance fee, all participating anglers affirmatively state that they are properly licensed to fish in this tournament, or are legally exempt, and shall comply with all applicable local, state and federal laws during its course. All tournament rules apply to all anglers, whether or not the angler attended the Captains Meeting.
- Entry is not transferable to anyone.
- All registration is non-refundable once submitted. This is a rain or shine event. In the event of inclement weather resulting in rescheduling of the tournament, refer to the Rain Out Policy.
- DIVISION RULES
- Copies of preliminary rules will be available at the Captains Meeting on Thursday May 16th 6:00pm – 8:00pm and are to be finalized at that time with any changes announced. It is the registered angler’s responsibility to be aware of all rules and any changes announced at the Captains Meeting.
- All fish to be weighed must be caught on a hook and line – no exceptions. The only nets allowed are “landing nets”. All fish must also be legally caught in compliance with State of Mississippi regulations.
- WILL BE ALLOWED: Wade fishing – kayaks – canoes – inflatables – small tenders – land-based piers – bulkheads – marina break walls.
- No registered angler may fish from a stationary raised platform (gas wellhead / oil rig / mooring platform) in open water.
- ALL FISH may only be entered if caught East of the West bank of the Mississippi River, as it flows. SEE MAP at JoesandPros.com
- All fish entered must be hooked, fought, and brought to landing net or gaff by the registered angler with no help from any other person, except that another person may operate the landing net or gaff. Catches on hand lines or other non-sporting equipment will not be considered. Fish must be legally caught in a sporting manner on rod, reel, and line or pole and line, and hooked with any legal hook or lure.
- ALL ANGLERS must take care to mark their fish so that they can be absolutely certain (and able to pass a polygraph test) that any fish they enter at the weigh-in was caught by them.
- WEIGH IN:
- Weigh master and scales will open from 3pm-6pm on May 18, 2019 – Behind The Blind Tiger Biloxi in the event area. Angler and fish must be in line for weigh in before 6pm. Late fish will not be accepted for entry.
- All fish to be weighed must be entered under the name of the angler who caught the corresponding fish.
- All fish will be weighed to the 2nd decimal place – in the event of a tie, FIRST angler to the scales wins.
- Live fish are allowed to be entered and is encouraged.
- Anglers will be taken to the Weigh Master scales to weigh the fish after checking in at the anglers tent with a tournament official, no fish weighed will be returned to any angler for any reason with the single exception of a State Record-sized fish, upon request, may be returned to the angler so the fish can be qualified.
- All fish prior to being weighed – will be subject to a qualified weigh master inspection to verify “freshness”. Any fish deemed “old” will be disqualified along with the angler and any other of his/her fish.
- All decisions of the weigh master are absolute and final who has final word regarding the legality and weight of any submitted fish. The tournament committee has no recourse with weigh master.
- All registered anglers will receive complimentary fresh fried fish during the weigh in. The anglers tent will be adjacent to the weigh master’s tent-open with the scales open from 3pm-6pm. A tournament bracelet must be work for access to enter the areas.
- Upon weigh in, all anglers will be subject to a polygraph test by a licensed professional. All anglers on the leaderboard after the scales close will be required to take a polygraph test before the awards ceremony. These results are final and indisputable.
- Anyone winning a prize of more than $600.00 will be required to submit a W-9 form PRIOR to receipt of any prize money.
- Any angler wishing to have a fish considered as having broken the state record must comply with all rules and regulations governing such records. Any cash awards are contingent upon the State of Mississippi confirming the record. The most current Mississippi State Saltwater Fishing Rules are to be followed and are available for review at: http://www.dmr.ms.gov/index.php/marine-fisheries/finfish/138-state-saltwater-fishing-record-rules
- RAIN OUT POLICY
- Coming soon
- Neither The Blind Tiger, Joes & Pros LLC, nor their owners, agents or employees, nor their sponsors, persons or entities associated in any way with the fishing tournament assume responsibility or liability for any act or omission of any registered participant in this fishing tournament, or any other person.
- All Championship entrants must also sign and agree to the terms of a liability release a copy of which will be posted on the Joes & Pros website soon.
ANGLERS CAN REGISTER ONLINE WITH A CREDIT CARD, AT THE CAPTAIN’S MEETING OR MAIL A CHECK TO PO BOX 7205 GULFPORT, MS 39506.
(CHECKS MUST BE MADE OUT TO – Joes & Pros, LLC)
1) Liability Release: On behalf of myself and my heirs, successors, servants, assigns, executors, administrators, guardians, and conservators, I HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, CANCEL, WAIVE, COVENANT NOT TO SUE, ACQUIT, AND HOLD Joes & Pros, LLC and its tournament directors, partners, employees, consultants, sponsors, principals, agents, servants, heirs, administrators, shareholders, successors, directors, officers, representatives, attorneys, and assigns as well as any governmental entity where the event is held, and agree to hold them free and harmless for, from, and against any and all claims, judgments, appeals, rights, demands, costs, expenses, liabilities, obligations, actions, and causes of actions of any character or form whatsoever, whether known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, arising from their negligence or otherwise, including, but not limited to, all liabilities for personal injury, property damage, or wrongful death caused by such negligence or otherwise resulting from participation in the event listed above (the “Claims”).
2) Rules & Membership: I have read, understand, acknowledge, and agree to abide by all rules set forth by Joes & Pros, LLC for each championship division. I understand that should I be found in violation of any Joes & Pros,LLC rule, it may result in a penalty, event disqualification, and forfeiture of any prizes earned at the event in which I participated.
3) Indemnification: I also agree to indemnify and defend Joes & Pros, LLC against the claims, and other damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys fees, resulting from any claim made by me or my agents or successors-in-interest. I understand and agree that under this provision, Joes & Pros, LLC will be indemnified by me whether Joes & Pros, LLC potential liability for claims has risen as a result ofJoes & Pros negligence alone or of co-negligence with me, or the negligence of others, with respect to all claims.
4) Assumption of Risk: I acknowledge that this Event involves certain risks and hazards, including the risk of accidental injury or death, or loss or damage to property, resulting from wild animals, inclement weather, accidents, equipment malfunctions, collisions, falls, drowning, equipment and gear, related injuries or other causes known or unknown to Joes & Pros, LLC. I also acknowledge that I carry the minimum levels of state mandated liability insurance for any vessel or vehicle that I may operate as a participant in this event.
5) Good Health & Expertise: I attest and verify that I am physically fit, am enjoying good health, and have sufficient expertise and stamina for participation in this Event. I understand that fishing and hunting are physically strenuous activities and that I will be exerting myself during this Event, and that if injured as a result of heart attack, panic, hyperventilation, or any other physical malady, etc, that I expressly assume the risk of said injury.
6) Media Release: I also irrevocably authorize Joes & Pros, LLC and any assignee to use my name, voice, likeness, biographical information and/or tips in photography, audio, video, or any other format for publication, advertising, promotional or any other public distribution purpose without restriction as to changes or alterations from time to time. I understand that I will not be entitled to receive any royalties or other compensation in connection with such use.
By registering to the Joes & Pros Trout Championship, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE CAREFULLY READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO ALL CONDITIONS AND TERMS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT. I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS AGREEMENT. I UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS A LEGALLY BINDING AND ENFORCEABLE CONTRACT. MY ONLINE REGISTRATION SIGNS OF MY OWN FREE WILL and intend for my signature to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law.